Sunday, November 18, 2007

Casually Careless

Well, back to business as usual at Life by Proxy... and "business" in these here parts is mix'n'match fashion! I had a lot of trouble putting together my next blog-worthy post. It was almost as though I was on fashion overload so I decided to step it back a little bit, stop thinking so hard and just write about the next fun outfit I threw on. And so I did. This is a great, casual outfit that works for a Sunday shopping spree or just hanging out. It's also a bit of silent rebellion against high fashion for a day or two to reset my style meter and get back to the basics.

Yesterday, I decided to do a little running around shopping. It's been awhile since I've had the time to just wander from store to store and see what's new in some of my favorite places. I also wanted to go check out Yummy because I recalled seeing a necklace that I wanted but didn't have time to grab. While roaming around, I ran in to several of you awesome girls who read the blog! That was fun and it was nice to chat and get some of your thoughts and opinions on blogging, fashion and everything else one-on-one. Feel free to stop me whenever you see me around. I love to chat!


While at Yummy, I picked up this cuh-yute sweater from Nylon Outfitters. It's actually all one piece, the sweater and the t-shirt underneath it, and I wasn't sure if I dug that at first. I was afraid that it was restrictive and I was going to want to pair the sweater with something else. But, the price was right for what it is and I think it makes for a cute look with jeans or a jean skirt for a casual out and about look. Besides, who can pass up the impressively hand-drawn big button detailing? The hood in the back is also hand drawn, not a separate prim, and I decided I really liked that organic quality. Plus, it makes it so easy to just put on and go... no messing with prims or trying to fit the sweater with different hair styles. The pink t-shirt underneath completes that "surfer chic" look and I like that it extends past the hem of the sweater itself. The set also comes with a shirt layer that adds "bulk" to it to make it look a bit more "sloppy".

The jeans are my absolute favorite jeans in Second Life. They fit phenomenally well and do wonderful things for the hips and derrière. I hope and pray daily that Maitreya will release another set of jeans as fantastic as these are. And for this outfit, I like the cargo pockets and zippers and how that casual detailing coincides with the details on the sweater.


I did manage to snag the necklace that I wanted from Yummy this time around. The details of it are pretty spectacular with the multiple chain look and the little extra charm. I think it has a vintage feel that works with the rest of the outfit. I paired it with a charm bracelet from Miam Miam. I've renewed my addiction to charm bracelets in real life and just decided to start building a new one. Like I've mentioned before, I like jewelry with a bit of significance and nothing fits that billing like a charm bracelet. This one is color changeable with just a click... gold, silver, copper and bronze (so you'll never have to mix your metals! *wink*) and is outfitted with all sorts of "good luck" charms. A chunky bangle on the other wrist gives a bit of weight to the accessories, which is needed to balance the button and the hood.

I started with a pair of boots, but then decided I wanted to add some color to the base of the outfit as well and knew my cherry-red ballet flats from Surf Couture would do just the trick. Every time I put these on, I have to cam in on the shape and the texture. They're so perfect. Since it's a bit chilly out, I added some fun purple plaid socks that stand out, but also blend with the tones in the rest of the pieces.

The ever-popular Cake Europa short, messy hair (that I tinted a bit to make a bit less red) and red lips with purple eyeshadow, and the outfit is complete!

(sidenote: please bear with me as I try to figure out the best structure for my pictures here... I know I keep changing it up, but I think I'm happy with this style... thoughts?)

Sweater - Big Button Knit w/ Tee - Jacket Layer, Additional "bulk" on Shirt Layer (not pictured)
Nylon Outfitters
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Lions Shore/92/81/23/

Jeans
- Raw Jeans - Pant Layer, Prim Lower Leg Attachment (comes with "skinny" and "no prim" style pant layers, also)
Maitreya
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Superieure/94/43/451/

Socks - Weird Plaid Socks, Purple - Sock Layer, Prim Thigh Bow Upper Leg Attachments
Shiny Things

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Shiny Falls/173/181/37/


Shoes - Sculpted Ballet Flat, Cherry (No Buttons) - Prim Foot Attachment (comes with both "button" and "no button" style)
Sand Shack Surf Co.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Lions Shore/62/196/0/

Necklace - Chained Heart Necklace - Prim Chest Attachment
Yummy

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Lions Shore/92/81/23/


Charm Bracelet - Pouch Belt, Brown - Prim Pelvis Attachment
*Miam Miam*
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sunset Arts/167/178/25/


Left-Hand Bangle- Cali's First Gold Bracelet - Prim Forearm Attachment Freebie! Properties Indicate Caliandris Pendragon as Creator

Hair - Europa, Dark Red (with a bit of extra grey tint) - Prim Head Attachment
Cake
http://slurl.com/secondlife/FNKY Cake/129/76/26/


Skin - MM-Light SkinGloss-OhWow
Minnu Model Skins
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Glam World/118/136/23/

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your photo compositions. yer lucky to get any pix into blogger at all so well done putting them together offline. i like the detail zooms. my only criticism (oh my god how it must hurt you so) is that the pix are not clickable to reveal the original uploaded size. i'm sorry, my sadness at this lack knows no restraints. love ya.

kristianne said...

Well, hmmmm... I think this IS the original uploaded size... but I'll check. I had to link the out of photobucket (oh the horror - I don't use Flicker)... I'll keep playing with it though and see if I can improve.

Ciao bella.

Anonymous said...

cute outfit, incidentally, Maitreya has a lil ankle boot that comes in red suede among other colors and you also receive slouchy prim socks in case you wanna go that way some time. The set is called bootilicious I believe.

As for photo hosting, I use image shack because then I can host huge composites easily.

kristianne said...

Ooh, Delilah, I have those boots! In two colors, even! But thank you for the suggestion - you're right, the red ones would be cute with this outfit! I'll go pick 'em up.

Creamy Cooljoke said...

Great outfit Kristianne - those jeans rock!! I didn't notice those last time I was in Maitreya.

Your pics are amazing, I just can't get my photo's like that on my blog (I'm a bit retarded when it comes to resizing pics). Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I don't think there's anything wrong with the size of your pics. I mean, good grief, how huge do people need them? *laughs*

I love my Maitreya jeans too! I really wish they'd put out more clothes there. Everything there has been so wonderful so far. We need more!

kristianne said...

Hehehe, thanks, Melissa... I was sorta thinking the same thing. I mean, I think I took over half of the Fashion World feed with this post!

kristianne said...

Creamy... I'd be happy to try and help you. Basically, I create the composite in Photoshop and size the width 10 pixels smaller than the width of the text part of my blog (called the "main wrapper" in the blog template). I edited the standard template, so mine is wider than normal... the standard template "main wrapper" width is 410 pixels, so, try sizing yours picture that wide in your photo editing software. And then, I "host" the image at photobucket - but, you could use image shack or flicker or any of the other places people mentioned. And THEN, I embed the image in to my blog... so I don't "add an image" using the tools in blogger, 'cause they never work!

Embedding the image is gonna take a vague understanding of HTML... and instead of writing a post the size of, well, the posts I usually write... LOL - email me if you need help - kristiannem(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

my bad, i thought you uploaded through blogger (which is what i've accustomed myself to doing on my blogs). for those of us who are code challenged it does easy resizing and your original uploads are stored and linked to from the display page image.

kristianne said...

Absolutely, EnCore... my problem with uploading them through blogger is that my pictures are pretty big and pretty high res... and blogger doesn't like them and does really, really horrible things with them. So, this works pretty well, I think. But, I'm thinking I can make them "clickable" - I'm playing with it!

Thanks for all the comments girls!

in every look (unless otherwise indicated)

  • Shape - Self-Designed
  • Eyes - Custom from Zada Zenovka - Shapes by Zada
  • Eyelashes - Bedroom Lashes - Cake
  • Ring - Asscher (sic) Bridal Set - CC Enterprises

all photographs by: