Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Girl in a Fantasy

The other night, Ben and I were rebuilding our photography studio on new land. We work well together when we're building, both clicking away in silence in our own little corner of the world stopping occasionally to laugh about something or ask a question. I snapped open a notice from FashCon advertising new sweaters and was struck by two things immediately. First, the model featured in one of the pictures could be my twin. In fact, I had to think back for a second to make sure I didn't actually model for the shot. Now, I've read all the hubbub about "stolen" shapes and identities in Second Life and I in nooo way think that's what happened here. Put the same Minnu skin on a taller, auburn haired girl with more of a square-shaped face as opposed to the heart shape or longer jaw lines that many have, and yeah, she's gonna look like me. But it's rare that I see someone that actually makes me pause. The second and far, far more important thing I noticed was the fantastic sweater!! They looked great on my doppelgänger which was an easy way to know they'd look good on me, too! I excused myself from scripting the teleporter that was insisting on launching me to the edge of the SIM and dashed to the store to snag a sweater. I picked it up in three colors because the red print I wanted wasn't available in the vendor for some reason (that has since been fixed). I came back home to resume teleport-scripting donning my new perfectly deconstructed sweater and feeling down right glorious. I thought I should spend some time getting the corner of the studio I use for my blog pictures set up and ready so I could take some shots of the sweater but then I figured this sweater would show up all over the blogs so I opted out of featuring it.

It just occurred to me today that I haven't seen it pop up on ANY blogs which is surprising and also fabulous... it gives me an opportunity to settle in to its cozy luxury once again.

As a side note, when I began writing this blog, my itunes kicked on a song I've been somewhat addicted to lately. As I belted out the chorus at full volume, I was struck by its appropriateness in Second Life. So, I've included the song here for you, too...

Eyes are magic, see right through me - makes me feel like, a girl in a fantasy... turned to real life... Stars in the morning makes me feel like, a girl in a fantasy...
turned to real life...





I love the prim attachments on this sweater. There are three sets of attachments and they're all optional. The forearm sculptie cuffs are my favorite part, though... they're baggy and comfortable looking and fall to just the right point on the hand. The upper arm shoulder attachments complete the turned over neckline that does glorious things for the shoulder, neck and clavicle.

The texture on all of the colors is different and equally wonderful in each iteration and I love the drape at the hemline that slides perfectly over the waist of my favorite worn jeans. I topped (or, I guess, bottomed?) them with an upturned cuff to balance the neckline of the sweater.

A short hair that shows off the exposed shoulders and simple jewelry complete the look!


Sweater - WoolPulli, ornawhite, black, ornagrey - Shirt Layer, Jacket Layer for extended hem, Glove Layer for extended sleeves, Prim Sleeve Forearm and Upper Arm Attachments, Prim Collar Spine Attachment LeeZu Baxter Designs
http://slurl.com/secondlife/centro italia/166/163/22/


Jeans
- Used-Look - Pant Layer, Prim Cuff Lower Leg Attachments Redgrave http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sands Shop Art/217/47/24/

Shoes - Ruffle Boot, Black - Shoe Base and Prim Foot Attachments Shiny Things http://slurl.com/secondlife/Shiny Falls/173/181/37/

Earrings - Solitaire Earings (sic), Platinum/Diamond - Prim Ear Attachments Xessories http://slurl.com/secondlife/Urbane/175/122/22/

Choker
- Chasm Necklace, Silver/Black - Prim Chest Attachment Lassitude & Ennui http://slurl.com/secondlife/Nouveau/65/63/30/

Hair - Tina, Cranberry - Prim Head Attachment Diversity Hair http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dacham/94/147/46/

Skin - MM-Light SkinGloss-Blood Minnu Model Skins
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Glam World/118/136/23/

1 comment:

Sai Pennell said...

OMG, I tped to buy this when I read about it as well! Its an awesome sweater, and funny you should blog about it now - I was just about to blog it! Hehe~

And, it looks absolutely adorable on you ^_^

in every look (unless otherwise indicated)

  • Shape - Self-Designed
  • Eyes - Custom from Zada Zenovka - Shapes by Zada
  • Eyelashes - Bedroom Lashes - Cake
  • Ring - Asscher (sic) Bridal Set - CC Enterprises

all photographs by: