Monday, October 22, 2007

Copacetic

There's something about a fall Sunday that makes me wistful. The leaves changing; the days shortening; the weather turning... and all the rest of those Fall stereotypes we're all so familiar with, fill me with a sense of longing. I'm not sure for what, exactly, but it happens every year about this time. I turn to the warmth of a familiar sweater and the company of a mug of coffee or cup of tea. While it's unsettling, I also find something vaguely comforting in its repetitive presence. As the weather droned on outside my window today - first the sun was shining brightly in the crisp blue sky before being swallowed by another convocation of gray clouds that quickly commenced with their all too familiar rain - I concocted my own cliché, watching the rain coat the outside of my window as I sat opposite the pane. I shivered in my long sleeve shirt and reached for a thicker sweater; one that would provide not only comfort from the cold but also from the craving for something unknown. And before long, SL Kristianne needed the same. While stylish in her red tuxedo heels and matching shrug over a white tank, we both needed something more. I remembered the folder of cozy dresses I scooped up from Last Call recently and pulled out the oatmeal color and slipped it on. The brilliantly soft texture was exactly what I needed to warm the chill. The prim turtleneck and cuffs are reminiscent of a sweater of sheer perfection the likes of which I slid from a shelf at J. Crew a few seasons ago and happily wore out of the store after its purchase and reach for consistently when the leaves begin their slow decent. Cinched with the rich toffee belt from Ms. Callie Cline that draws on the brown of the opaque tights and leather boots, it was an outfit that depicted precisely what I needed it to. Accessories are minimal because, really, where would they go? Messy mahogany locks, soft make up and the simple glimmer of my diamond ring and I was ready for a nice Venti Latte and an afternoon matinée with a close girl friend.



While the dress is a bit shorter than one I'd don in Real Life probably, it works with the opaque chocolate tights that are included in the pack. Because it's a system skirt (that seems to fit just fine), the dress could also be layered over a pair of jeans as well. The new belt from Callie is perfect on its jacket layer. While I didn't love the silver label adornment on the back at first glance, I do understand the desire for branding and brand recognition. And as the day wore on, I decided the metal plate gave the belt even more texture and depth. The tonality of the oatmeal sweater and the browns of the belt, tights and boots create a warm, rich color palate that compliments the colors of the season quite nicely.





I'm in love with the prim sleeves that attach seamlessly higher up on the forearm to give the cuffs of the sweater some bulk. They balance the weight of the heavy turtle neck and the texture of all the pieces is to die for. I jumped for joy when I traipsed through Maitreya last night to find the hair that I loved under the Jam hoodie in its own version now. Her mahogany color is my favorite and I would personally drop to my hands and knees and start kissing feet if it were adopted by other hair designers. For now, though, I'll stick to the Eva and the Mica as my primary styles. While it's more fixed (sculptie) prim than I usually go for, I like the tousled look of the curls around the face and can deal with its lack of movement because of them.


Sweater Dress
- Starley II Mini-Sweater Dress - Jacket or Shirt Layer, Skirt Layer, Prim Neck and Sleeve Attachments (comes in five colors and includes two colors of tights and two prim belts) Last Call http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dazzle/68/11/27/

Belt - fat belt, caramel brownie - Jacket, Shirt or Undershirt Layer caLLie cLine http://slurl.com/secondlife/caLLiefornia/224/194/22

Tights - Starley II Mini-Sweater Dress, Noir - Underpants and Sock Layers Last Call http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dazzle/68/11/27/

Boots - Melisande, Chocolate - Shoe Base, Prim Foot and Lower Leg Attachments Last Call Vamp Last Call http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dazzle/68/11/27/

Hair - Eva, Mahogany - Prim Head Attachment (glow and non-glow styles) Maitreya http://slurl.com/secondlife/Superieure/94/43/451/

Skin - MM-Pale SkinGloss-Smokey Minnu Model Skins
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Glam World/118/136/23

No comments:

in every look (unless otherwise indicated)

  • Shape - Self-Designed
  • Eyes - Custom from Zada Zenovka - Shapes by Zada
  • Eyelashes - Bedroom Lashes - Cake
  • Ring - Asscher (sic) Bridal Set - CC Enterprises

all photographs by: