Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Undo Pressure

Well, I've gone and put so much pressure on myself with this blog that I've been virtually unable to write! It's not that I don't have anything to say (of course that couldn't be it!), but I've gone on this mad SL Blog reading frenzy and there are so many great (and not so great) pages out there that it's hard to even fathom a comparison. What is it that you all are wanting to see? More of the same? What I've found is the same stores... the same clothes... the same accessories all appearing on page after page. And in some ways, that's not a bad thing - there is of course going to be a "best of the best" - just like Gap, BCBG, Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, Versace and Prada can be seen on Real Life style mavens the globe over. So instead of running away from the popular, I'm just going to try to put my own spin on it. Give you a daily look in to my virtual closet and hopefully compile some "favorites"...

In order to start this adventure, I had to do a MASS inventory cleaning. I started on Friday and am finally finished with clothes and accessories. My "objects" folder is still in need of an OCD mood to hit, but at least my closet has been cleaned out. I was holding on to folder after folder of those freebies that I spent my first week accumulating. You know, the designer cast offs and screwy prims... the mismatched seams and (horror of horrors) system shoes. Well, I tried on every last one of them and got rid of the things that I was saving for that elusive "some night." (You know - "I may need this some night!") Well, trust me girl, there was NO way I was going to need the dress with a prim skirt that attached somewhere above my breasts and stuck out like the petals of a daisy. I did prance around my living room in it for a little while just to giggle at how ridiculous I looked. But, once I hit that "detach" button - in to the trash she went. I did contemplate the virtues of a "yard sale" - but let's face it, everyone's selling the same crap as I would have been... and I just can't bear to send any of that back on to the grid for some poor, unsuspecting newbie to pick up and start wearing. I'd rather pluck one from the ranks and take her shopping instead of subject her to the hideousness known as "Freebies".

Don't get me wrong, there are some great give aways out there and I did save quite a few. Some good camisole/undershirt layers... a few interesting pieces of jewelery that are actually bearable after a couple minutes on a pose stand with an edit window and a couple other treats I'm sure you'll see gracing the pages of this very blog sometime in the near future. So, don't fault me when you see "Freebie" in the credits... I couldn't get rid of it ALL, you know.

So, after I lightened my inventory load by a good 3000 items (um, I'm not exaggerating), I set out to find THE outfit to debut on my blog. Well, I got myself so deep inside the pressure cooker I caught myself exclaiming to the poor boy who entertains my whimsical ways on a daily basis "I just don't have anything to wear!" I heard the intake of breath on the other end of the voice line and I could see the words formulating in his head. "How can YOU... not have... anything to wear?" I whimpered and whined that it was true and declared a shopping trip as the event for the evening. "Right after I get dressed," I said. (God love him, he didn't even remark on the irony... because, after all, if I were able to get dressed... that would of course mean that I had something to wear now wouldn't it? Shhh, I didn't point it out, either.)

So, off we went. I felt this need to expand my "Accessories" folder. I have a few tried and true jewelery pieces that I turn to often when I need an extra "punch," but I find that SL Kristianne treats accessories much the same way RL Kristianne does. I'm all about the shoes - JUST GIVE ME MORE SHOES... but I'll settle in to a nice, simple necklace that has some deeper meaning and diamond studs; a watch when I'm not playing the "I don't care what time of day it is" game; and maybe - MAYBE - a ring. I'm the same way in SL. I found a necklace a few weeks ago that fits that "deeper meaning" model and I wear it, or some iteration of it, daily. It didn't take me long to find my good old trusty diamond studs that I also wear when my hair demands a little something extra. I just can't get in to the watch thing in SL - where time never really DOES matter - so I've opted for a bracelet when my arms are bare... but it just wasn't the right set of accoutrement that I've seen some of my peers do... and so off to shop I went.

I took a spin through Miam Miam (love the charm bracelets!) and stopped off at Charmed (such a cute little monogrammed ribbon choker!) before passing through Shiny Things (mmm, chunky bracelets... yummy!) and then headed to Paper Couture. "I'll take that, and that and that...."

And then, I experienced the humiliation I'll now refer to as "The PC Stairs". Good LORD am I the only one who felt like a prize needed to be waiting for her at the top of that staircase? Stairs in SL are hard enough - but a little, itsy, bitsy spiral staircase? Let's just say it took, um, a few tries. But man am I glad I made it to the top!

Because there I found... the outfit that will now mark the debut of Life by Proxy.

It's Fall and everyone's wanting something a bit warmer to mark the season. I've found a few cute turtlenecks that I throw on when it gets cooler and I've tried a few of the sweater dresses out and about. But none have hit quite the style mark as this one did for me.



It did come with a chunkier turtleneck prim attachment that looked like I wrapped my duvet around my neck and so I opted to go without.

Not bad for a system skirt and the texture of the leather is just delicious. I love how thick and cozy it looks and it does do nice things for the derrière.

The back detail on the sweater is nice and does give the illusion that one is not wearing a baggy sack but instead a fabric that accentuates her physicality nicely.



A few of my delectable new accessories to accent the detail of the bustier and high leather waist and my perfectly messy super-flex pony tail, and I'd say I did pretty well for my debut! Welcome to the blog! More to come!


Dress - P.C. Leather and Wool - Shirt and Skirt Layers, Prim Turtleneck Attachment (not pictured) Paper Couture; House of Lu (Barcola 80, 125, 26 (Mature))

Hose - Pantyhose - Ebony - Socks and Pants or Underpants Layers 1-800 Bettie's (Roosa (235, 21, 28))

Boots - Melisande - Onyx - Shoe Base, Prim Foot and Lower Leg Attachments Last Call Vamp (Dazzle 68, 11, 27 (Mature))

Earrings - Black Pearl Drop Earrings - Prim Ear Attachments Paper Couture; House of Lu (Barcola 80, 125, 26 (Mature))

Necklace - Black Wrapped Bead Necklace, Low Shine - Prim Chest Attachment Bonita's Jewelry and Furniture Shop (, Malra (45, 86, 66))

Hair - Pony Tail - N Flip Brown - Prim Head Attachment Bang - 11pm Bang Wavy Brown - Prim Chin Attachment (sold with the "Lexy" UpDo) Analog Dog (Triggerfish (28, 27, 21)) Shoulder Length - Mica - Mahogany - Prim Head Attachment ("glow" and "non-glow" styles) Maitreya (Superieure (94, 43, 451))

Skin- MM-Pale SkinGloss-Old Hollywood (not available for sale) Minnu Model Skins (Glam World (118, 136, 23))

Poses - Luth High Fashion Poses Reel Expression (Lalique (219, 92, 26))

No comments:

in every look (unless otherwise indicated)

  • Shape - Self-Designed
  • Eyes - Custom from Zada Zenovka - Shapes by Zada
  • Eyelashes - Bedroom Lashes - Cake
  • Ring - Asscher (sic) Bridal Set - CC Enterprises

all photographs by: