Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Color Pop

WOW... So, today, I'm totally NOT going to do the little game I decided to play in my last blog with wearing "old" inventory items. I started with the best of intentions. Really, I did. In fact, I wasn't even going to blog tonight (okay so I started this at the crack of dawn and fell asleep and finished it this morning...). I just decided to toss on some clothes and do some random shopping. I've been somewhat busy lately with some business-type ventures I'm working on, so I started a little folder for the notices that I've been receiving through FashCon and my other groups that I didn't want to forget about. And tonight felt like a good night to wander to a few of those places and see if there was anything that caught my eye. I hate to say it, but I'm a bit Halloween-ed out. There's just SO much out there and I really don't need any of it. Not only that, but I'm sort of "Fall Clothes-ed" out, too. I have sooo many cute little pea coats and longer jackets... several cozy turtle neck sweaters and boots... and, well, honestly it's all starting to run together. So I decided to take a bit of a shopping hiatus - I even succeeded for, well, a whole 36 hours. So anyway, I saw a few notices come through that I was anxious to check out so I tossed on a little outfit to run around in. In honor of the Halloween I'm so wanting to be over, I even pulled out a dramatic, jet black hair that I haven't worn very much at all because it's just a bit too severe for my everyday look. And off I went. The first stop resulted in several "nopes" and then I left empty handed. Unheard of - I can usually talk myself in to at least ONE piece or two. But, not tonight. I've become a PRACTICAL shopper. I check the items by selecting the "buy" button without clicking "buy" again so I can see the details of what I'm about to receive. I'm trying to use a bit of foresight and look at the layer options and imagine what I think I'll want to pair it with the future. For example, I passed up a fat pack tonight of an amazing sweater/skirt combo because the sweater was short sleeved - not immediately a problem, just put it on over the cute thermals I grabbed this weekend. *clicks buy* Wait, wait, wait! It's only available on the shirt layer - NOT on the jacket layer. *checks thermals* Also only available on the shirt layer and not the undershirt layer. Well, so much for that. And off I went. Sad, so very sad. Anyway, I grabbed a few odds and ends at Cake - a bracelet I've been wanting for awhile and keep forgetting to go grab and the demo of a hair that looks like it has potential but I'll need to wear around the house tomorrow while I'm building to make sure I like it. (Okay, okay - and ONE of the aforementioned short-sleeve sweater outfits... I couldn't help it! They look so cute!) I also grabbed a scarf that I had made a notation about at some point and then I was off the next locale. Oh yes, Artilleri - I know what I wanted there...


Oh my god am I in love, lust and adoration for the new scarves! I've already issued a plea on the Artilleri blog beggggging Antonia to release a fat pack because I literally want them all. (UPDATE: I just received word from Antonia that she put out a Fat Pack of the scarves! It's a huge discount of $500L for all of the styles and colors versus $75L for one - so it's so worth it! Thank you, Antonia!) I decided to wait and see if she humors me and so I snatched up only one. When I got home and tossed it on to see if I really did love it as much as I thought I was going to, I literally exhaled audibly with glee. It's GORGEOUS. Not only is the texture to die for, but the color is absolutely phenomenal. I foresee working this little number in to many, many outfits to come. Paired with my decidedly warm and comfortable men's cashmere sweater that looks adorable with another set of tights from Armidi Limited and it's the perfect fall look. The colors of the off-white and black mixed with the pink of the scarf - yeah, I love it. The belt is one of the Shiny Things belts that fit on the first try (almost - but required VERY little editing)! The boots... well, they're a new release from Redgrave and I'm ashamed to admit I bought them in every color (and then proceeded to declare that I wouldn't shop for 36 hours). I love them - but I do have two small, small "complaints" - to start with, the hardware on them is gold... and I'm primarily a silver metal girl. And I'm also totally anal about mixing metals - especially bright gold metals. (I WILL do it - it just as to be the right look and the mixing needs to happen within the same piece or at least the same area on my body - two different bracelets or necklaces, for example... or stacked gold and silver rings.) No biggie, I figured. I can just edit. Uh, no I can't. The invisible prims are blockin' my view. And honestly, I'm afraid to start messing with them because I don't want to keep them from functioning as they should.

About those invisiprims - I do wish they were just a little bit thicker. They're not totally doing their job around the ankle joint and, well, like I said - I'm a bit, erm, anal, and it bugs me. But, I will let them be because I love the texture and the heel height and shape are great. Plus, they pull me away from the ever beautiful and ever present Melisande boots from Last Call.


Accessories are minimum - well, nil really. The pop of the scarf and the great colors of the Minnu skin are all it needs. It's framed by a different feeling hair for me usually. I like the dramatic black and like it more with the color of the scarf to frame it. I don't usually do a bang because in real life, I have a very small forehead (no really - look at my RL pic in my profile in SL - it's tiny!), so I've also made SL Kristianne's forehead small and that limits her hairstyle options, too. But the bang on this hair works - the fringe is a bit sexy, I think! My new favorite bracelet to top it off and we've got an outfit to die for!

Yes, I do think I'm in love!


Sweater - Cashmere Turtleneck, Black - Jacket Layer or Shirt Layer, with Spine Turtleneck Attachment (not pictured) Gisaci
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Armidi/135/128/26/


Pants
- Metallic Tights, Champagne - Pants or Underpants Layer Armidi Limited http://slurl.com/secondlife/Armidi/132/104/26/

Scarf - Colour Thread, Pink Threads - Prim Chest Attachment Artilleri http://slurl.com/secondlife/Artilleri/91/123/26/

Belt - Stoned Belt, Black - Prim Stomach Attachment Shiny Things http://slurl.com/secondlife/Shiny Falls/173/181/37/

Boots- Boots, Black- Shoe Base, Prim Foot and Lower Leg Attachments Redgrave http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sands Shop Art/217/47/24/

Bracelet - Amor Vincit Omnia, Silver and Moonstones - Prim Forearm Attachment Lassitude & Ennui http://slurl.com/secondlife/Nouveau/65/63/30/

Hair
- Fernanda, Black - Jet - Prim Head Attachment Sirena
http://slurl.com/secondlife/West Sunset/160/50/22/


Skin - MM-Light SkinGloss-20s Minnu Model Skins
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Glam World/118/136/23/

1 comment:

Heidi Volare said...

That look is smoking! Hubba Hubba. I also promise myself I won't shop for "x" amount of hours, too. It never works.

--Heidi

in every look (unless otherwise indicated)

  • Shape - Self-Designed
  • Eyes - Custom from Zada Zenovka - Shapes by Zada
  • Eyelashes - Bedroom Lashes - Cake
  • Ring - Asscher (sic) Bridal Set - CC Enterprises

all photographs by: