Thursday, October 25, 2007

Once you start...

So I was lamenting the belt yesterday and how truly impossible it is to get one to fit properly. And then, I went to Shiny Things. I picked up every belt she had in the store on a guess that Fallingwater has probably mastered the art of belt design as well as she has shoes. The first belt that I wore last night with a great little outfit fit with just a bit of adjustment. And it actually looked like a belt and not a hula hoop. So I had high hopes this morning when looking for the extra punch for my outfit today. And the belt I chose DID almost fit. Almost. And so, I pulled up my edit screen to see if I could just close those last few gaps......... and a half an hour later, I was left with a belt that fit and looked great with my outfit - but didn't really look like the original belt I purchased. In fact, this was supposed to be a double wrap belt and I got rid of the second wrap. Oops. So sorry, Fallingwater - I do love your original design. But I guess my hips are too wide....



Anyway, yesterday was a very successful shopping day. I stumbled in to Decoy and picked up some great stuff. This blazer comes in several different colors and I loved them all and bought the Fat Pack. It has three hood options - sculpted, sculpted with strings and prim. It was the perfect topper for a preppy little look today. I' m really impressed with the quality of the hand drawn pieces from Decoy. They have an appearance of weight to them that is the result of great texture and seam work. I picked up some jeans and a few scarves and a dress, too. And the "oohs and ahhs" emitted when I got home to try them on landed all of the items in a special "Decoy" folder under the "Designers" area in my inventory. Those are the Designers I know I'll go back to.



I've read a lot of clenched teeth recognition of Ginny Talamasca and Last Call in the past several weeks. And you know, say what you will about her but she's a problem solver if I've ever seen one. She's perfected the layering options and the extra detail is what makes her designs so incredible. The prim cuffs on this shirt add a needed element to the outfit. The button-down itself was a bit too low cut, so I tossed on an undershirt. I concocted some new glitch pants that work with the bottom of the button down on the underpants layer. The skirt is also an edited version of the little black shift dress that also came from Last Call. (Gee, I'm an editing fool today).



I'm also digging the locket from Caroline's that was distributed to her group members the other day. It a great romantic accent (and a real locket!) that completes the look. I'd nearly forgotten about this new hair from Calla. It's perfectly coiffed and sure not to be forgotten again. Some nice charcoal tights and then the pop of brown tuxedo pumps and we've got my spin on a preppy coed. While brown and black historically don't belong together, it's a mix I've always done in "Real Life" and find it works with the right color palate. In this case, it's the green jacket that welcomes the addition of brown.

And while I don't usually mention my skin, as they're all from Minnu and all delectable, I do have to say that this is by far my favorite. It's one of the first that I purchased and I love the tones of the purples against the fairer skin and dark hair. While I don't wear it all the time, every time I do, I smile happily.


Jacket
- Hooded Blazer, Forest Green - Jacket Layer, Prim Hood Spine Attachment Decoy Fashions http://slurl.com/secondlife/Southern Paradise/18/102/23/

Shirt
- Celine White Shirt - Shirt and Underpants Layers, Prim Cuff Forearm Attachments Last Call http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dazzle/68/11/27/

Undershirt - Kadesh Sheer Tank - Shirt or Undershirt Layer Last Call http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dazzle/68/11/27/

Skirt - Ginny Shift Dress - Mini Prim Stomach Attachment (self-designed glitch pants and stretched mini prim in this outfit) Layer Last Call http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dazzle/68/11/27/

Tights - Cozily Tintable Stockings, Gray - Sock and Underpants Layers (part of Cozily Outfit - just sock layer worn in this outfit) Veschi http://slurl.com/secondlife/Fuzzy/193/229/34/

Belt - Pouch Belt, Brown - Prim Pelvis Attachment Shiny Things http://slurl.com/secondlife/Shiny Falls/173/181/37/

Shoes - Tuxedo Pump, Brown - Shoe Base, Prim Foot Attachment Shiny Things http://slurl.com/secondlife/Shiny Falls/173/181/37

Necklace - Caroline's Special Cameo Locket, Gold - Prim Chest Attachment (special edition) Caroline's http://slurl.com/secondlife/Lo Lo/126/210/24/

Earrings - The Dauphine Earring, Silver/Jet - Prim Ear Attachment ~Muse~ http://slurl.com/secondlife/Linji/143/152/49/

Hair
- Spanish Jasmine, Dark Mahogany - Prim Head Attachment Calla http://slurl.com/secondlife/Callatropia/125/194/24/

Skin - MM-Light SkinGloss-20s Minnu Model Skins
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Glam World/118/136/23/

2 comments:

Creamy Cooljoke said...

Ooooh Kristianne, I'm loving your blog. A beautiful design and layout and I love your style, especially how you are working the cosy tights and layers look. I shall definitely be returning to see your posts and will link it to my own blog. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog too :)

Creamy x

kristianne said...

*dances around* Yay! My first comment!! Thank you for your kind words! And yes, please come back! I linked to you, too!

Take care,

Kris

in every look (unless otherwise indicated)

  • Shape - Self-Designed
  • Eyes - Custom from Zada Zenovka - Shapes by Zada
  • Eyelashes - Bedroom Lashes - Cake
  • Ring - Asscher (sic) Bridal Set - CC Enterprises

all photographs by: